Dr. Jason McCandless
|Research Areas: Interpreters, Dynamic Languages, Compiler Optimisation, Code Clones.|
|Supervisor: Prof. David Gregg|
|Location: Lloyd 114|
|Phone: (+353 1 896) 1783|
|Postal Address: Department of Computer Science, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland.|
I'm currently living New York City. Open to a wide range of job opportunities. Please get in touch.
- Jason McCandless and David Gregg. Compiler techniques to optimize indirect jump and call instructions. ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (TACO) (To appear)
- Jason McCandless and David Gregg. Optimizing interpreters by tuning opcode orderings on virtual machines for modern architectures. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Programming in Java, PPPJ ’11, New York, NY, USA, 2011. ACM. (preprint) (slides)
- Kevin Williams, Jason McCandless, and David Gregg. Dynamic interpretation for dynamic scripting languages. In Proceedings of the 8th annual IEEE/ACM international symposium on Code generation and optimization, CGO ’10, pages 278–287, New York, NY, USA, 2010. ACM. (preprint) (slides)
- Kevin Williams, Jason McCandless, and David Gregg. Portable Just-in-Time Specialization of Dynamically Typed Scripting Languages. Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing, pages 391–398, 2010. (slides)
- Effective clone detection in ASTS. In 2009 ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, PLDI 2009, Dublin, Ireland, June 15-21, 2009.
Programming Lab GradesCS2014 — Systems Programming (C/C++) (course website) (2010-2011)
RésuméPlease get in touch if you would like a copy of my CV.
Research made possible by the IRCSET Embark initiative.